- Fermentors / Bioreactors
- Benchtop Bioreactors and Fermentors
- Pilot Scale Bioreactors & Fermentors
- Industrial Scale Bioreactors & Fermentors
- Bioreactor & Fermentor Accessories
- Process Equipment
- CIP/SIP Systems
- Components & Instruments
- Sanitary Valves
- Single Use Products
- Sanitary Stainless Steel Fittings
- Process Tanks
- TFF Systems
- Contact Us!
Hamilton Process Sensors
Utilizing ARC Digital Online Sensor Communication
Modbus Hamilton Sensors
Why a digital sensor?
Hamilton sensors (including Cell Density products) have been digitally integrated to the Solaris PCS and Leonardo controlling software giving the user many benefits over traditional analog sensor outputs.
Such benefits include:
The Easyferm Family boasts a durable long lasting reference system utilizing pre-pressurized electrolyte. The Everef-F reference cartridge ensures that the reference electrolyte remains free of silver and precipitation of proteins resulting in more life in terms of sterilization cycles. ARC technology allows calibration memory - eliminating mV calibration to the controller, as well as real time sensor diagnostics.
VisiFerm was the first online optical dissolved oxygen sensor in the market. Optical DO sensors require much less maintenance than classical polarographic/electrochemical sensors utilizing membranes & electrolyte. ARC technology allows calibration memory - eliminating nA/mA calibration to the controller, as well as real time sensor diagnostics including optical cap life, etc.
Like pH, the Easyferm ORP sensor family also utilizes a a pre-pressurized reference electrolyte enabling clogfree diaphragm technology. The sensor ensures a stable measurement even after steam sterilization, autoclave and CIP cleanings. ARC technology allows calibration memory - eliminating mV calibration to the controller, as well as real time sensor diagnostics.
All conductivity wetted parts are FDA approved, & are designed to withstand SIP/CIP and/or autoclave sterilization. Hamilton conductivity sensors display very good linearity over a broad measuring range.
- Online optical density measurement relative to cell growth
- Real time trending allows better process understanding & early detection of process deviations
Hamilton Dencytee gives information relative to total cell density in solution. The sensor is based on optical density, which measures the turbidity of cells in suspension. The measurement is made at NIR (near-infra red) wavelengths & thus insensitive to changes in media color. All particles and molecules that scatter light at 880 nm will be detected, including living and dead cells as well as cell debris. This measurement is effective after inoculation when cells are expanding quickly but concentrations are low, making capacitance-based readings less reliable.
VIABLE CELL DENSITY - PERMITTIVITY
- Online & real time viable cell density information relative to permittivity/capacitance output.
- Frequency Scanning available for further data generation & analytical correlations, i.e. detecting changes in cell physiology
- Brings great efficiency to product development.
- Uses include optimizing feed & process strategies, automating continuous feed/harvest processes, detecting process deviations, etc.
Incyte sensor enables real-time, online measurement of viable cells in solution. The measurement is not influenced by changes in the media, microcarriers, dead cells or debris, and is designed for mammalian cell culture, yeast and high-density bacterial fermentation. Online measurement of viable cells makes it possible to detect events and respond in real time without sampling.